Last Updated on September 2, 2022 by kavin
Intuit released the QuickBooks file doctor tool in 2012 to help customers resolve common issues with QuickBooks. This feature is included in QuickBooks 2016 and later editions by Intuit. Specifically designed for QuickBooks users, it combines a network diagnostic tool and a company file diagnostic tool. Automatically, File Doctor detects and repairs problems. This amazing tool is still unknown to many people, so we created this post to explain it in depth.
Overview of Quickbooks File Doctor
Before diving into the different elements of this tool, it is advised that you first grasp what it is. QBFD is essentially a file repair application for QuickBooks, which is meant to fix problems users encounter. This feature is only available in QuickBooks 2016 and later editions. On the Intuit website, go to the QuickBooks file doctor download page and follow the instructions. Nonetheless, it is compatible with all QuickBooks desktop versions for Windows, including the UK and US versions.
It has had a significant impact on the accounting industry due to its many features. All enterprise financial requirements have been eased by this program. These tools and functions may cause users problems. The problems and difficulties impede QuickBooks’ processing. A QuickBooks file doctor can help in this situation. You searched for an outstanding tool to fix frequent errors until you found the QBFD tool. There are many QB users who are not familiar with this tool.
How & when can you use Quickbooks File Doctor?
- You may encounter error codes such as Error 6150, Error -6000 -82, Error -6000 -305, Error -6147, 6189, QuickBooks not responding, etc.
- It may be necessary to use this program if, in addition to the damaged corporate files, the sample files and other company files open correctly.
- Additionally, if the customer list and vendors list in QuickBooks are blank or missing.
- With Quickbooks file doctor, you can fix QuickBooks error H303, error H101, error H202, and error H505.
- A number of QuickBooks 6000 series errors occur, including Error 6150, Error 6000 82, Error 6000 305, Error 6000 301, Error 6147, and Error 6130.
- A corrupted or damaged file for a company.
- The corporate file is not launching.
Step-by-Step Installation Process of QB File Doctor
First Method: From the Quickbooks File Doctor website, download the package
- Download QB file doctor and QBFD.exe are running initially.
- As soon as that is done, the installation begins.
- After the installation is complete, the doctor will automatically open the file. You can open the software from Start or click the icon.
- The text has been adopted, which is important to note
- In case the user does not have the setting, it will be downloaded by the setup of QBFD.
- Installing the other apps on Windows requires the user to continue the easy installation method.
Second Method: You can download QBFD from the Quickbooks Tool Hub
1- To begin with, you can download QuickBooks Tool Hub and save it somewhere.
2- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
3- Just follow the instructions on the screen to install it and accept the terms.
4- After the installation is complete, click twice on the tool hub icon to launch it.
5 – When you access the tool hub, you must select the Company File Issues tab.
6. Choose the Run File Doctor option in QuickBooks. Up to one minute can be spent on the file by the doctor.
7- Go to the drop-down menu and check your file, then choose your next step.
8- Lastly, choose Next once you have entered your QuickBooks password.
What if the Quickbooks File Doctor has Stopped Working?
The QBFD error may occur when you use QBFD during a business file diagnostic and it says, “File doctor does not function.”. The QBFD error might occur for the following factors:
- The company file is being updated.
- In addition, you may have forgotten to install corporate files during installation.
- It is not possible to restore the files.
- Additionally, if the files are corrupted or damaged.
Here’s how to fix it:
- It is necessary to restore the QBW file backup.
- To fix the file doctor issues, use QuickBooks auto data recovery.
- You can also configure the anti-virus program and turn off the hosting mode.
In this article, we discussed about QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Here we told you about how can you use QuickBooks File Doctor, What is QB File Doctor, and How & when you can use QuickBooks File Doctor, step by step process of how to install QuickBooks File Doctor, and what if the QB File Doctor stopped working.
Quickbooks File Doctor – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1- What are the errors that Quickbooks File Doctor can fix?
Ans – You can address many errors by using Quickbooks’ file physician. It contains several tools for detecting errors. The file doctor can be used if you find an error. I received the following error code.
The following errors may be encountered: Error 6150, Error 6000, Error 305, Error 301, Error 6147, and Error 6100. A file doctor should be used if the above-mentioned error code is found to have an error. If you searched the web for answers to these problem codes, you would probably spend a lot of time.
Q2 – What is the value of Quickbooks File Doctor?
Ans – Among all the weapons in QuickBooks’ tools hub, the file doctor is the deadliest. In most cases, the file physician can fix an error on its own, and is one of the most powerful tools in the tool hub. One of the best things about this tool is how fast it is. In contrast to other file repair programs, the doctor of the file scans and fixes errors quickly. According to Intuit, you shouldn’t waste time looking for different answers to different problems. Instead, try to solve your problem in one package.
Q3 – How much does Quickbooks File Doctor cost?
Ans – Quickbooks desktop software errors are not charged extra by Intuit, according to the company. You can use it for free. Yes, this is a totally free program that can be used by customers with corporate data problems.
Q4- What is the best way to repair QuickBooks files?
- Go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.
- After that, click OK in QuickBooks
- The information window.
- So, let your file be fixed by the tool.
- Then click OK.
- Choose a file from the File menu.
Q5- What is an SDS file in QuickBooks?
Ans – In the company file section, this file is used to refer to the rest of the *.sdu file. For QuickBooks 2017 editions and later, .sds and .sdu files are used instead of .lgb files.
Q6- What should I do if my QuickBooks installation needs to be repaired?
- Open the Computer window by pressing Windows + E.
- Uninstall/Change Program can be done by clicking the button.
- If you wish to uninstall the version of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, click the Uninstall/Change button.
- Next, select Repair from the Point of Sale Installation box. Click Finish to complete the process.