Last Updated on February 19, 2022 by Editor
This tutorial shows you how to view camera on laptop through remote access software on your android phone.
Viewing a camera feed from a laptop or desktop computer is easy, but what if you want to view the feed from your mobile device?” This problem has been solved by several tools and apps over the years. But one of the newest options available is using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service.
Today I want to show you the easiest way to remotely view a laptop camera using only an Android phone. This way you will be able to see your spouse/children when they are at work without them knowing that you are spying on them.
- How can I remotely stream my laptop camera through android?
How can I remotely stream my laptop camera through android?
So the question is this – how can I remote access my laptop webcam through my Android phone? First of all, you need to install software called VNC (Virtual Network Computing) in your PC or Mac. In other words, you should use a VNC program installed on your desktop computer to see your laptop computer from your PC or Mac. So one way is to use VNC. The second method is to use Android apps available for this purpose.
The remote desktop feature in Android allows you to view your computer screen and mouse from the comfort of your phone. When enabled, your Android device can connect to the Windows PC and allow the user to control the PC mouse and keyboard. By allowing the user to control the mouse and keyboard, you can also use the PC mouse and keyboard to click on links in a web browser.
Virtual Network Computing (VNC)
Many people think of VNCs as a way to control another computer. But in reality, they’re used primarily to remotely access another device from a desktop, notebook or mobile phone. With a bit of know-how, it’s easy to use VNCs to view the image on your screen.
VNC, which stands for Virtual Network Computing, is a software application that allows remote users to connect to another computer and view what the user sees on their screen. This is useful in case of emergency when you don’t have physical access to a computer and need to see what you are working on. With VNC, the person connected to the computer is able to control it by using their keyboard and mouse.
How Do I Set Up VNC on My Laptop?
1. Click on the Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen, then click Control Panel.
2. Click Administrative Tools > Remote Desktop Connections > Connection tab.
3. Click New Connection, type a name for your connection, and then click Create.
4. Select RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and hit Add.
5. Enter your server address and port, and then click Test.
6. Enter your username and password if prompted, and then click OK.
7. Now your computer will allow you to log in to your desktop from anywhere in the world!
Top Applications to Access Laptop Camera Using Your Android
Following are the top android applications that are used for accessing remote laptop cameras.
1. AtHome Video Streamer (Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS)
- AtHome Video Streamer is an app available for all the major platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS) and is a simple way to make your videos viewable on your mobile device. The app’s design is minimal and easy to use, making it a great option for those looking for an easy solution to stream videos on the go. Once you download the app, you can connect your device via Wi-Fi or your cell phone’s data plan. The app supports up to five devices per account, making it easy to share videos with friends. AtHome Video Streamer allows users to control playback and volume of videos using the app’s built-in controls.
2. Alfred Home Security Camera (Android and iOS)
- If you’re looking to access your laptop camera remotely through your android phone, then you need to install Alfred Home Security Camera on your phone. Alfred Home Security Camera is an app that offers the best quality camera at a reasonable price. It’s compatible with Android and iOS devices.
4. Splashtop (Android and iOS)
If you’re looking for an alternative to AirPlay and Chromecast, Splashtop is one of the leading options. Not only does it allow you to stream content from your tablet to any HDTV or audio receiver via Wi-Fi, but it also supports mirroring your Android device to a second monitor. And if you’re looking to stream video from your phone, it’s got you covered there too. Splashtop works with most smartphones and tablets and is easy to set up.
5. TeamViewer (Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS)
It is possible to remotely control your computer or phone from anywhere in the world. That’s right, you can access your system remotely without needing to go through the tedious process of trying to find and download a remote desktop client application on your mobile device. The app is free and works on most devices with Wi-Fi or cellular connections. To connect, simply launch TeamViewer on your PC and on the app on your mobile device. From there, you can control the apps on your computer, view your webcam, and control other apps on your mobile device.