Microsoft Surface Would Not Turn On:
The Microsoft surfaces devices have a high price and can make you tensed if it does not turn on. A black screen could make you tensed as well. No matter either you’ve Microsoft surface laptop or surface go, pro, and others you’ll face the screen blacking out plus no response issues. The device will not wake up or show any logo as well. What to do?
No worries, we’ve got you covered already. After extensive research, we’ve found some solutions that will surely help to restore the surface machine and make it capable of running again. In this article, we’ll discuss the simple solutions that work perfectly for the blacking out of Microsoft surface laptop.
Reasons For Black Screen:
Here are the issues that could be the reason behind the unresponsiveness of the laptop:
- The detached keyboard can create an issue of the screen not giving any response.
- The power supply could not be working.
- There might be a defect in the power adapter, cord, connector, or charging port.
- Power saving mode is the most common reason behind this issue.
- The OS is corrupt or having any serious defect.
- The screen assembly is damaged.
- The climate could be a reason.
- The internal hardware error also leads to the blacking out of the screen.
Solution Of Common Issues:
If we keep our laptop in sleep mode for hours, then it leads to battery issues. The long period of hibernation could make your battery dead. So put the device on the charger and leave it for at least 20 minutes to get 1% charged then turn on the laptop.
Due to the damaged charging cable, the blacking out of the screen occurs. To resolve this issue, first of all, check if the charger is working or not. You can quickly check it through the LED illuminator on the connector end. Check the power cable thoroughly. Run through the cable length while keeping an eye on the illuminator to see if the charger starts working or not. If you notice any little flicker while moving the cable, that means you’ve picked the point that creates an issue.
The Microsoft surface laptop usually has problems related to sleep. When we put the computer on sleep for hours then longer the period of rest higher will be the risk of shutdowns. Moreover, during the sleep period, you can face the battery drainage issue. Make sure to turn off the system to keep it safe from the sleep mode.
The accessories that connect to the Microsoft surface affect the device not to get up and work properly. So one has to remove all the accessories in case of blacking out of screen include a keyboard, mice, USB, and other things connected to the laptop. Then press the power button to start the device.
To fix the power frozen issues, one can go for the resetting option. In this, you force the computer to restart without disturbing any files or data. Here are the steps to follow:
- One has to hold the power button for more than 15 minutes then release it.
- Start the device by pressing the button normally.
- The problem might get solve through this soft reset.
If the problem does not resolve with the smooth restart, then go for the force shutdown and restart. It is the same process as mentioned above, but you need to perform it for more time. Here are the steps to follow:
- Press the power button for more than 20 seconds.
- Once the device shows the windows logo on the screen, release the button.
Shutdown With Double Buttons:
This is best for those having Surface PRO models. Make sure not to try this if you have Microsoft surface 2, 3, or RT.
When the surface pro device does not correctly shut down, then this method could be helpful. Following are the steps to follow:
- Press the power button for almost 30 seconds.
- Place the finger on power + Volume up buttons and click them right after releasing the power button for approximately 15 seconds.
- You’ll see the flicker on-screen or logos but don’t deviate from the track.
- Release the combo buttons and wait for ten seconds.
- Click the press button normally to turn on the device.
If the solution mentioned above not working for you don’t stress yourself out. We’ve another solution as well. Use the hotkeys to power up the device. The Microsoft Surface laptop is attached to the touch cover or type cover.
Please switch it on by pressing the combo keys Windows logo key+ Ctrl+ Shift+ B at the same time. However, if it does not work, try the following steps:
- Check the infrared light if it is on or not.
- When the light is on, and the screen is off press the buttons Windows Logo + P together.
- Press it again, and the screen projection modes will probably start.
- Wait for a few seconds to get the screen back.
It is an efficient method only if the modes of the screen are switched.
What To Do After It Turns On?
In case any of the solutions mentioned above works for you, then plug-in power to charge the device. Make sure to charge the laptop till 50% and then install the latest window settings. Update the surface laptop through setting or do it manually by using the drivers.
However, if no solution works for you, then go for the technical repair without wasting a single second. Make sure to tell all the issues with detail to get the fix efficiently.
In this article, we’ve discussed the solution of Microsoft surface blacking out issue. Most of the surface laptop devices come with the black screen problem that may have multiple reasons. We’ve mentioned the common problems with the solutions. Try them and still if you face the same issue then go for serious repair.
you may also like to read